I Want to Thank God For My Child
Congratulations on the birth of your child! We join with you in giving thanks to God for the miracle that is new life. This period of your life is a very special one and we at St. Augustine’s are privileged to be part of your journey. It is the time when people are considering the most important things in life and we want to help you in any way we can.
As you embark on raising your child in this complex and ever changing world, it can be hard to know where to start. Already you’ve made the right choice! In starting with God, you are starting with the source and creator of life and so listening to Him through his word, the Bible is going to be important! You may be considering church involvement and the St. Augustine’s family want to welcome and support you as you make this important step in your life and in the life of your family.
In order to get to know each other better, and for you to get to know better the God who gives us all life, there is a 6-week preparation period where the expectation is that you join us at church.
During this preparation period at church:
- You’ll hear with others from the Bible about the life giving God who has made himself known in his Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.
- You’ll hear about how he gives and sustains life.
- You’ll hear about how he offers life to the full.
Ultimately there are no more important questions as you enter this new chapter of your life together.
Thanksgiving services are held at 11:30am on the 3rd Sunday of the month and are after the 9:30 family.
When we conduct a Thanksgiving service we are doing three things:
- We are thanking God for the birth of your child and naming your child.
- We are welcoming your child into our church family.
- We are praying for your child, that he or she will grow up and call the Lord Jesus his or her lord and savior and therefore be welcomed into God’s heavenly church eternally.
It would be helpful if we met together before the service itself. We’d therefore aim to meet twice over the 6 weeks preparation period to discuss the Christian faith and the Thanksgiving process.
If you desire a Thanksgiving please complete the online Application form, or come in to grab a brochure and application form. Any queries or questions please don’t hesitate to call us on (02) 6722 3179.